Notes from the Ubisoft presser!
- Far Cry 4 – Cinematic Trailer. First 5 minutes of the game. Dated Nov 14th.
- Just Dance 2015 – Announced. Some wacky trailer. Not my thing, but the cringy dance routine was hilarious.
- The Division – Another Cinematic Trailer. Story focused this time though.
- The Crew – Random road trip montage. Beta sign ups open now. Releases Nov 11.
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity – Cinematic Trailer. Definitely French Revolution. Gameplay Demo shown. Protag’s name is Arnaud Dorian
- Shape Up – Random Fitness game.
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War – This game seems somewhat interesting. The game’s story is based of some letters from WW1. Looked like it had great animation. Kind of dark. Story seemed somewhat sad/emotional.
- Rainbow Six: Seige – Gameplay Trailer. 5v5 Cops Vs Bad Guys. Demo showed a hostage extraction mission very similar to what you’d expect from a Counter-Strike game.
This one seemed to go by pretty quickly. Their list of games is a lot more exciting to me than EA’s was. I don’t care about Just Dance or Shape Up so much (lolfatkidamirite?) but everything else I am pretty on board with. I’m still a pretty big fan of the Assassin’s Creed games. I haven’t quite gotten tired of them yet. I’ve been hype about The Division and The Crew since E3 last year, so I’m still on board for them too. Far Cry 3 was one of the best games from 2012 so who wouldn’t want another one of those? And Rainbow Six: Seige looked really solid. I’m interested in it, but I want to see more details about how much there is to do in the game. Not really looking for another 2 gametype multiplayer shooter that I play for a couple weeks and then drop (LOOKING AT YOU TITANFALL).
Overall Ubisoft did a great job and showed us a lot of good games. The Division and The Crew are both things we’ve seen in the past, but it is nice to know they’re still around. Granted, they’ve been shoving The Division down our throat kind of. Still, great show.
Sony is next!