Here is my whole breakdown of the Microsoft Presser. A lot of these will be quick and to the point. I’ll have my thoughts on the whole show at the end.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will have all DLC release on Xbone first. Nothing shocking here. They also showed a Live Demo. Looks like a graphical improvement maybe (Hard to tell with Pressers like this).
- Forza 5 owners can get a free Race Track called Burgring (or something like that) right now.
- Forza Horizon 2 announcement – 1080P, Dynamic weather, Dedicated Servers, ‘Seamless Multiplayer’ (Not really sure what they mean. Jump in jump out races sounds dumb?)
- Evolve – Beta is Exclusive to Xbone. The trailer was really badass, make sure you check that out.
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity – “World Primere” since they can’t say announcement lol. 4 Person Co-op was demoed, which looked pretty cool. Seems to be in Paris, possibly French revolution era?
- Dragon Age: Inquisition – Exclusive Xbone DLC. Really pretty Cinematic Trailer.
- Sunset Overdrive – Trolled the entire audience. Their opening cinematic trailer started off looking like a generic shooter bro in a warehouse fighting some random terrorist looking guys and suddenly the Sunset Overdrive guy burst in murdered all of them and made a snarky remark to shooter bro. Seriously go check out this trailer. They also had a gameplay demo. #HYPETRAIN
- Dead Rising 3 Exclusive Xbone DLC for Capcom anniversary. Seemed funny but I don’t really care.
- Disney Fantasia Music Evolved – Announced. Explore some Disney music or some shit.
- Dance Central Spotlight – Announced. Digital Download DC game.
- Fable Legends – 3 or 4 (hard to tell) player Co-op Fable game. Players can also play the villain character, which sees the map in a top down RTS style and plays the game like a tower defense game AGAINST the ‘good’ players. Really cool concept. Xbone Beta in Fall.
- Project Spark – We already knew about this. Random Cinematic trailer. CONKER SHOWED UP AT THE END THO.
- Ori and the Blind Forest – Looked pretty cute and colorful. And Indie-esque 2D side scrolling adventure game by the looks of it. Possibly has a dark/depressing story. Scripted Trailer (Kinda Cinematic I guess? 2D game).
- Halo The Master Chief Collection – CALLED IT. Collection of Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4. Halo 2’s graphics have been remastered for the released. Each Multiplayer will run it it’s own original engine, INCLUDING Halo 2. Over 100 Multiplayer Maps and ‘tons of customization.’ 4000 Gamerscore (CHEEVOZ)
- Halo 5: Guardians – Beta in December (Access included in Halo Collection).
- Inside – Announced. Limbo Esque 2D sidescroller from the PlayDead guys. Looks pretty dark and dreary as well. Main character is a child.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – Announced with Cinematic Trailer.
- Witcher 3 – Gameplay Demo. Still Looks Awesome.
- Phantom Dust – Reboot/Remake/Sequel/KITreatment announced with Cinematic Trailer.
- The Division – Gameplay Demo. Still looks awesome. Some Xbone exclusive DLC crap.
- Scalebound – Announced. RPG. GIANT MONSTERS. Swords/Arrows/Etc. Seems kind of cool, only a cinematic trailer though. Platinum Games Xbone Exclusive.
- Crackdown – (Not numbered 3?) Announced. Cinematic Trailer. Possibly more than 2 player Co-op?
- All of these Indie Games were briefly shown in a montage: Aztec Assassins, Knight Squad, Plague Inc, White Night, Earthlock Festival of Magic, Cuphead, Hyper Light Drifter, Lifeless Planet, Slash Dash, FRU, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Mighty No 9, Grave, THREES, FenixRage, Woolfe , IDARB, Hellraid, Below (This is a copy and paste from my notes, there might be some spelling errors).
Overall this was actually a really solid presentation from Microsoft. Kinect was only mentioned once by the Dance Central guy. They really were just pushing games, games, and more games. This is probably Microsoft’s best showing in a couple of years. I was a little surprised at no mention of the price drop of the Xbone and nothing about Gears though. Still there was plenty of really interesting stuff in there. I think my game of their show would be Sunset Overdrive. Scalebound sounds really interesting, but I’ll want to see more about it before I get hype. Fable Legends also sounds really cool, I like that concept a lot. Other than that, there was a lot of stuff I already knew about, other stuff I thought there was cool, and only a tiny bit of shit I don’t really care about (See Dancing Games). That list of Indie games was also really impressive. Mighty No. 9 and Below probably being the ones worth mentioning the most. Cuphead made me lol (Character literally has a Cup for his head). I wish they let us seem more than like a 5 second clip of these in their montage.
That is it for the Microsoft Presser. Next one up is EA. I’ll make a similar post for it. I’ll also probably do a wrap up post sometime after all the presentations this week and I’ll make a point of including any of the trailers I thought were really great (Like the Sunset Overdrive one).